Thursday 7 January 2010

Leaving

I wrote a few months back about how two exceptionally talented people & good friends of mine had left H&K to further their careers. Well tonight it happened again & this time it was someone even closer to me. 

Employment is a funny thing really. Statistically speaking you spend more time with people at work than anyone else. And you're also constantly talking the same language as them as you navigate the professional world together. 

But at the same time, work, just like any other activity, has a habit of throwing up wonderful friendships. And so it has been for the last two years for me in my current job. Today, I lose a very very special one of those to go with several other good work friendships that I've lost in the last year. 

That's life really, but it never gets any easier sadly. 

No comments: