Friday 30 October 2009

Easy Tonight


Is the title of a song by a band called Five for Fighting. They're essentially a one-man band, led by an American bloke with a pretty good voice and a talent for writing vocals.

A friend first introduced them during a particularly tough time for me in 2003 when I was agonosing over a girl who in several ways was perfect. Happily now, I know she wasn't the one, though you couldn't have persuaded me at the time. In a word, I was bersotted.

But back to Five for Fighting. The funny thing is, I'd always thought they sounded decent when I'd listened to their songs downloaded (illegally) from Kazaa. I quite enjoyed some of their tunes if I'm honest, but without ever becoming a confirmed, idolising fan. But then along came Spotify, which as far as I can work out, still won't allow you to download most of the Oasis catalogue. And yet, it gives you access to Five for Fighting as they should have been heard.

Look them up, especially their song 'Easy Tonight', because you might just agree.

No comments: